Skip to main content

Bideford Christmas Lights Switch On 2016

On Sunday December 4th, Bideford Quayside was closed for the Christmas Lights Switch On event. Due to work, I wasn’t able to see the lights switch on, but I visited the fair beforehand. It was very cold but that didn’t stop the many visitors from getting into the Christmas spirit!
There was an opportunity to have a “steam train” ride around the town and free reindeer antlers and Santa hats were being given away for free!
There were lots of rides, hot food stalls and games. We won a teddy!
There was also live music playing from the stage.
Well known characters, including Batman, Peppa Pig and one crazy looking Pikachu walked around greeting everyone.
It wouldn’t be Christmas without a few reindeers! They attracted a big crowd and mostly did some eating.

The event closed with some spectacular fireworks from the riverside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate at Costa Coffee

Recently I tried one of Costa’s Christmas Orange Hot Chocolates at Atlantic Village. I asked for cocoa powder and I got a frog on the top! How … Christmassy? 

Edinburgh - Edinburgh Zoo

Edinburgh Zoo is a short bus ride from Princes Street. We arrived nice and early in order to maximise our animal-seeing time. Admittance is £16.50 for adults. There are plenty of animals to see, although sadly we didn’t get to see all of them! The orangutan enclosure was closed for medical reasons and the Sumatran tiger was hiding from us! Zebras Koala Bear Edinburgh Zoo is the only zoo in the UK which plays host to koala bears and giant pandas. There are currently four koalas. Hello Tian Tian Tian TIan with her bamboo It was recently revealed in the news that Tian Tian is pregnant, so the zoo had warned that visitors might not be able to see her. However, Yang Guang will be encouraged to come out for regular feedings. For the pandas, you have to book a viewing slot. During our viewing slot (about 11am), Tian Tian was sat with her back to the visitors eating bamboo. She reached to the side table for more bamboo, nearly losing her balance in the process. Eventually,...

Morrisons Gingerbread House

We recently got one of these Gingerbread House DIY sets from Morrisons, which looks very Christmassy. The photo on the box looked very impressive, I doubted I could recreate this look! …And despite my efforts, I could not! I tried my best! Included in the box are the gingerbread, plastic tray, packet of white icing and assorted sweets for decoration. The icing is already pre-made but requires you to massage it for 1 minute to soften it. However, I needed longer than this because the icing was still too hard. The gingerbread house comes in six pieces which are assembled with help of the plastic tray and some icing. This was fairly easy to do! The gingerbread smells delicious that I have to impose some self-control and not eat it… The tricky bit (and messy) was decorating the house. I found icing was difficult to do – sometimes it was too hard to get out of the bag, and sometimes it would not stick to the gingerbread itself! Trying to ice the windows and doors was a nightmar...