Skip to main content

The Corner Cafe, Barnstaple

Another place I have heard good things about is The Corner Cafe in Barnstaple. Situated at the end of the high street, The Corner Cafe provides hot food, cream teas and homemade cakes. It was very busy and both the top floor (which looks much nicer) and the ground floor was full of customers.



I ordered an English tea and an FFLT (fish finger, lettuce and tomato, I think) sandwich.
There was an incident in which I found a hair in my food, but the staff dealt with the situation very quickly and well, and offered to make me a fresh lunch.

The food itself was a very big portion, very filling! The idea of a fish finger sandwich reminds me of when I was younger. The chips are also said to be homemade.


The staff are very friendly and happy, which makes the experience very good. The food is not too expensive either - good if you are looking for a quick bite to eat whilst in town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Crochet Cat(?)

I saw this video ( https://youtu.be/MibvORlt6WQ ) on Youtube when i was looking for Christmas crochet projects and i thought it looked really good! I decided to give it a go, althought i changed the eyes to a different size because of availability. The video seems easy to follow, but my crochet project ending up being too tall! the area around the ears is where it is quite noticeable, as well as the body overall. If I squash it, it looks a little better…or it is resembles more of a bunny than a cat! I think if I was to repeat this again, I would adjust the number of rows. Has anyone else tried this video tutorial? I would be interested to see your results!

Christmas Pikachu

Pikachu wishes you a Happy Christmas!

Thomas Carr at the Olive Room, Ilfracombe - Christmas Lunch!

Thomas Carr at the Olive Room was recently rewarded a Michelin Star for its use of fresh, local ingredients and superb flavours, and it is certainly very popular. I was wanting to try the food here, but the restaurant is currently closed at lunchtimes and closed on my only day off! So…I have been waiting a long time! On their Facebook page last year, they announced they had late cancellations for Christmas lunch, so why not try something different to your usual Christmas fare? When you arrive, it is not what you would expect a Michelin Star restaurant to be like. It is quite a small restaurant, we almost drove past it! Inside there were only two other tables and the owner’s family seated for Christmas lunch. I can’t imagine a lot of people can be seated on a weekend night. The other Michelin restaurant I have visited was Castle Terrace Restaurant in Edinburgh, where the restaurant was huge, grand and the staff professionally trained. The Olive Room resembles a more smaller and cosie