Skip to main content

Halloween treats, a dog or two and some cakeeee!

20151012_141041
So this week’s collection begins with Barnstaple Coffee Shop. They have added a new Chocolate Orange cake to their range, and I love this one so much! The sponge is chocolate orange flavoured itself, with orange biscuit balls and a slice of Terry’s on top.
20151012_141048
20151019_224532
It’s been a while since I last went to The Chocolate Teapot in Bideford. I was wanting some of their Eton Mess, but there was none available! Nevertheless, all of their traybakes look gorgeous and I treated myself to two – Aero Mint and Chocolate Orange (I have a bit of craving for chocolate orange haha). Definitely a must for chocolate lovers these traybakes are full of chocolate pieces inside too!
20151028_122950
Back to Barnstaple, Green Lanes cafe had some Halloween specials last week. I had the Severed Finger Dog, £4.85 with chips. Whilst I applaud their efforts to get into the spirit (haha) of Halloween – having cut the hot dog like a finger – I was a little disappointed. It felt like a cheap poor quality meal to me, nothing really special. Now…if I was wanting a proper hot dog, I should look no further that the Ye Olde Fashioned Pork Hot Dog (priced at £7.45 with chips). This is a giant good quality sausage, from a local butchers, topped off with American mustard, tomato ketchup and red onion. This tasted great and a really good portion size as well! I really enjoyed this, and felt really full afterwards :)
20151102_123844
Something else I saw in Tesco…for the Christmas season, Prosecco and Elderberry crisps? Whatttt?! Has anybody bought these?
20151028_142855

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate at Costa Coffee

Recently I tried one of Costa’s Christmas Orange Hot Chocolates at Atlantic Village. I asked for cocoa powder and I got a frog on the top! How … Christmassy? 

Morrisons Gingerbread House

We recently got one of these Gingerbread House DIY sets from Morrisons, which looks very Christmassy. The photo on the box looked very impressive, I doubted I could recreate this look! …And despite my efforts, I could not! I tried my best! Included in the box are the gingerbread, plastic tray, packet of white icing and assorted sweets for decoration. The icing is already pre-made but requires you to massage it for 1 minute to soften it. However, I needed longer than this because the icing was still too hard. The gingerbread house comes in six pieces which are assembled with help of the plastic tray and some icing. This was fairly easy to do! The gingerbread smells delicious that I have to impose some self-control and not eat it… The tricky bit (and messy) was decorating the house. I found icing was difficult to do – sometimes it was too hard to get out of the bag, and sometimes it would not stick to the gingerbread itself! Trying to ice the windows and doors was a nightmar...

Edinburgh - Edinburgh Zoo

Edinburgh Zoo is a short bus ride from Princes Street. We arrived nice and early in order to maximise our animal-seeing time. Admittance is £16.50 for adults. There are plenty of animals to see, although sadly we didn’t get to see all of them! The orangutan enclosure was closed for medical reasons and the Sumatran tiger was hiding from us! Zebras Koala Bear Edinburgh Zoo is the only zoo in the UK which plays host to koala bears and giant pandas. There are currently four koalas. Hello Tian Tian Tian TIan with her bamboo It was recently revealed in the news that Tian Tian is pregnant, so the zoo had warned that visitors might not be able to see her. However, Yang Guang will be encouraged to come out for regular feedings. For the pandas, you have to book a viewing slot. During our viewing slot (about 11am), Tian Tian was sat with her back to the visitors eating bamboo. She reached to the side table for more bamboo, nearly losing her balance in the process. Eventually,...